It’s impractical, but it remains a fact that after a year many users want to change their smartphone to a newer one, where Android is the newest and has more functions, but does this make sense? After all, you can do without financial losses by making a flashing Android. Our article will show how to reflash Xiaomi Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition.
Why do I need firmware on Android? You say
There are several reasons:
- The mobile device does not turn on;
- The phone often reboots for no apparent reason;
- It is necessary to restore to its previous state. For example, after unsuccessful firmware;
- You are an enthusiast and want to install the latest firmware.
How to flash Xiaomi Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition
We will perform the firmware using ZYKUFlasher – This is a free universal program for flashing devices based on the Android operating system. It supports many companies and models of smartphones and tablets. Processors Qualcomm, MTK (Mediatek), Exynos and others. There is protection against the state of “brick”. If you try to use unsupported firmware, you will receive an error. In general, the utility is useful for both beginners and pros.
Instructions for ZYKUFlasher from official site will give you the opportunity to update the firmware on Android or restore your smartphone from a brick state if it freezes when loading or does not turn on.
Download firmware for Xiaomi Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition
On our site you can find and download official firmware versions for free:
- Cyanogenmod – The author recommends as one of the best solutions.
- MIUI from version 8
- Deodex (modified by users)
- AOSP Extended 6.7 and later / earlier versions
- Hydrogen OS
- LineageOS from version 15.1 and higher
- Resurrection remix – offers excellent customization of the appearance of the operating system no worse than Cyanogen
- Flyme OS from version 6 and above
- Odex (factory)
And also update your gadget to:
- Download the firmware Android 14
- Download the firmware Android 13
- Download the firmware Android 12
- Download the firmware Android 11
- Android 10 Q
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 8.0 Oreo
- 7.0 Nougat
- 6.0 Marshmallow
All archives are equipped with a file downloadlist, which contains links to all the firmware available for your device (depending on the model and brand of the device), their descriptions and the firmware checker. In certain cases, some firmware versions may be different (since the latest version may sometimes not be compatible with your device specifically)
You can download downloadlist.txt separately along with the firmware checker.
Instructions for obtaining Root rights on Xiaomi Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition
If there is time, I will write a separate manual for those who need to get root rights, but for now I recommend considering two options for universal and free programs. I used the first of them, following the manual from the official website of the program and I was able to get root myself.