From our Android expert Eli Blackwell you will learn why is a Windows computer cannot see accent cameleon a1 via USB, but it charges it and what can be done in this situation. Having dealt with this, you can get root or do a flashing.
[Fix] Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
There may be several options, a PC can:
- Determine the phone model, charge it via USB, but not have access to files, the solution is available below.
- Do not see the device completely and do not charge it, in which case the USB cable may be damaged.
If you have non-original cable of poor quality, then the smartphone may charge, but the computer may have problems accessing files and other operations. It’s hard to say without seeing this very cord, we recommend not to save on the data cable or use the original one | If you use a non-original cable of mediocre quality, then the phone, when connected to a PC, may have problems with some operations (firmware / access to files, etc.). We recommend using good quality wires, preferably original ones}.
The most common reasons
May be absent driver for accent cameleon a1 or something happened to them, you can download them here: https://yourtopfile.info/droidfix
Operating system problems. You can try to install a patch https://yourtopfile.info/yourfirmwares?q=patch, or you can just try it on another PC.
The cable may be damaged.
What to do?
- Updating or reinstalling drivers on a PC, link is above
- Replacing the cable, take someone to test to understand if you need a new cable.
- Try using another PC, if the problem recurs, then this is not the case
The computer does not see the files on the smartphone
Everything is easy here, when you connect the accent cameleon a1 to the computer, in the connection settings select «File transfer» and the Anroid operating system will allow Windows to view files on your mobile device.
If the problem is not resolved, there is a workaround, upload files to your computer by uploading them to mail, messenger or cloud. And you can also connect a USB flash drive through an adapter and copy data to it.