Publishers of mobile games should be incredibly careful when acquiring new users, since the vast majority of them do not buy anything. At least, so says the report of the company Swrve.
In fact, only 0.19% of all players contribute 48% of revenues, according to a new report from mobile marketing automation and communication firm Swrve.
Swrve also found that 64% of players spend money in games only once a month (compared to 49% last year). But it’s not all bad news for publishers. The total amount of spending in the last month rose by almost $ 3 for each player, to $ 24.66.
Although mobile games continue to gain popularity, more and more companies are using marketing tactics in all application categories, so the competition for the attention of a user also increases.
To summarize, Swrve provided the following data:
- 1.9% of all players have paid for in-game content in February.
- 64% of the players to make a purchase, when only 6.5% have made five or more.
- The average monthly cost for one payer to $ 24.33 (compared to $ 22 in 2014).
- Typical paying a player makes a purchase 1.8, which is an average of $ 13.82 for purchase.
- 2.5% of all purchases now exceed $ 50, and this contributes to more than 17% of mobile game revenue.