It is irrational, but the fact is that a year after buying a mobile device, the user wants to change it to a more modern one, where Android is newer and has more functionality. However, the user forgets about the ability to flash the Android smartphone on their own. This article will show how to update firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9305.
Why do I need firmware on Android? You say
The most basic reasons for flashing devices:
- The mobile device does not turn on;
- The phone often reboots for no apparent reason;
- It is necessary to return to the state as it was and to work. For example, after unsuccessful firmware;
- You are an enthusiast and want to install the latest firmware.
Flashing Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9305
We will perform the firmware using ZYKUFlasher – This is a free universal program for flashing devices based on the Android operating system. It supports many companies and models of smartphones and tablets. Processors Qualcomm, MTK (Mediatek), Exynos and others. There is protection against the state of “brick”. If you try to use unsupported firmware, you will receive an error. In general, the utility is useful for both beginners and pros.
Instructions for ZYKUFlasher from official site will give you the opportunity to update the firmware on Android or restore the smartphone from a brick state if it freezes when loading or does not turn on.
Download firmware for Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9305
On our site you can find and download official firmware versions for free:
- Cyanogenmod – The author recommends as one of the best solutions.
- MIUI from version 8
- Deodex (modified by users)
- AOSP Extended 6.7 and later / earlier versions
- Hydrogen OS
- LineageOS from version 15.1 and higher
- Resurrection remix – offers excellent customization of the appearance of the operating system no worse than Cyanogen
- Flyme OS from version 6 and above
- Odex (factory)
And also update your gadget to:
All archives are equipped with a file downloadlist, which contains links to all the firmware available for your device (depending on the model and brand of the device), their descriptions and checker firmware. In certain cases, some firmware versions may be different (since the latest version may sometimes not be compatible with your device specifically)
You can download downloadlist.txt separately along with the firmware checker.
If you need something else that is not presented here, write to us your smartphone model and what firmware is needed on the page order firmware. We will try to post it as much as possible on the site and send it to you in a link to the mail or publish it in our Telegram channel.
Root rights to Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9305
If there is time, I will write a separate manual for those who need to get root rights, but for now I recommend considering two options for universal and free programs. I used the first of them, following the manual from the official website of the program and I managed to get root.
- Rootkhp pro, the last version 3.1 (at the time of writing);
- ZYKURoot – similar to the first program in functionality, the last version 2.5 (at the time of writing);