It is irrational, but the fact is that a year after buying a mobile device, the user wants to change it to a more modern one, where Android is newer and has more functionality. However, the user forgets about the ability to flash the Android smartphone on their own. This article will show how to update firmware on Samsung GT-i9023 Google Nexus S.
Why should I update the firmware on the Samsung GT-i9023 Google Nexus S?
There are several reasons:
- The mobile device does not turn on;
- The phone often reboots for no apparent reason;
- It is necessary to restore to its previous state. For example, after unsuccessful firmware;
- You are an enthusiast and want to install the latest firmware.
Flash Samsung GT-i9023 Google Nexus S
We will perform the firmware using ZYKUFlasher – This is a free universal program for flashing devices based on the Android operating system. It supports many companies and models of smartphones and tablets. Processors Qualcomm, MTK (Mediatek), Exynos and others. There is protection against the state of “brick”. If you try to use the wrong firmware after a while, an error will just crash. In general, the program is suitable for novice users and service center engineers.
Instructions for ZYKUFlasher from official site will give you the opportunity to update the firmware on Android or restore your smartphone from a brick state if it freezes when loading or does not turn on.
Download firmware for the Samsung GT-i9023 Google Nexus S
On our site you can find and download official firmware versions for free:
- Cyanogenmod – The author recommends as one of the best solutions.
- MIUI from version 8
- Deodex (modified by users)
- AOSP Extended 6.7 and later / earlier versions
- Hydrogen OS
- LineageOS from version 15.1 and higher
- Resurrection remix – offers excellent customization of the appearance of the operating system no worse than Cyanogen
- Flyme OS from version 6 and above
- Odex (factory)
And also update your gadget to:
- Download the firmware Android 14
- Download the firmware Android 13
- Download the firmware Android 12
- Download the firmware Android 11
- Android 10 Q
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 8.0 Oreo
- 7.0 Nougat
- 6.0 Marshmallow
All archives are equipped with a file downloadlist, which contains links to all the firmware available for your device (depending on the model and brand of the device), their descriptions and the firmware checker. In certain cases, some firmware versions may be different (since the latest version may sometimes not be compatible with your device specifically)
You can download downloadlist.txt separately along with the firmware checker.
If you are interested in firmware for a model that is not presented here, write to us through the page order firmware and we will post it in our Telegram channel and send a link to your mail (if you specify it).
How to root Samsung GT-i9023 Google Nexus S
Perhaps soon I will write detailed instructions for those who need to get root rights, but for now I recommend considering two options for universal and free programs. I used the first of them, following the manual from the official website of the program and I managed to get root.
- Rootkhp pro, the last version 3.1 (at the time of writing);
- ZYKURoot – similar to the first program in functionality, the last version 2.5 (at the time of writing);