From our Android expert Lauren Rosales you will learn why the computer does not see the phone via usb and how to solve this problem without having to go to service centers. Having dealt with this, you can get root or do a flashing.
Why my PC is not detecting android phone?
There may be several options, a PC can:
- Determine the phone model, charge it via USB, but not have access to files, the solution is available below.
- Do not see the device completely and do not charge it, in which case the USB cable may be damaged.
If you have non-original cable of poor quality, then the smartphone may charge, but the computer may have problems accessing files and other operations. It’s hard to say without seeing this very cord, we recommend not to save on the data cable or use the original one | If you use a non-original cable of mediocre quality, then the phone, when connected to a PC, may have problems with some operations (firmware / access to files, etc.). We recommend using good quality wires, preferably original ones}.
The most common reasons
May be absent driver for micromax selfie 3 or something happened to them, you can download them here: https://yourtopfile.info/droidfix
There may be a problem in Windows, you can try using this patch https://yourtopfile.info/yourfirmwares?q=patch, but this is not a guarantee. Alternatively, use a different PC.
The cable may be damaged.
What to do?
- Updating or reinstalling drivers on a PC, the link is above
- Change the cable, you don’t have to buy, take it from someone for a while.
- Try using another PC, if the problem persists, then this is not the case
The computer does not see the files on the smartphone
Everything is easy here, when you connect micromax selfie 3 to your computer, in the connection settings select «File transfer» and the Anroid operating system will allow Windows to view files on your mobile device.
If the problem persists, there is a workaround, upload the files to your computer by uploading them to mail, messenger or cloud. And you can also connect a USB flash drive through an adapter and copy data to it.